If you are an existing member please sign in, otherwise register for a new account

close panel button

Promotion of Health, Opportunity
Equality, Benevolence & Empowerment
for black and ethnic minority
women and children

Donate Now


Applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain under the domestic violence rule

PHOEBE does not give immigration advice and this information below free for the public to see on the www.gov.uk website. We work with immigration advisers from other women's charities and organisations, so please call us and we will refer you to one. If you have been a victim of domestic violence and you are on a spouse visa or partner visa, you are entitled to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain under the domestic violence rule. The application fee for applicants under the domestic violence rule is currently £1051. However, if you do not have any access to sufficient funds to pay this fee and are currently totally reliant on a third party, e.g. a family member, for the provision of essential living costs, such as basic food and accommodation, you may not have to pay this fee as you would be considered “destitute”.

'A Helper of Many'

19, Tower Street

Citizen Advice Bureau Building

Ipswich, Suffolk



Telephone— 00 44 1473 231566